Expat is a C library for parsing XML documents. The mingw-expat packages provide a port of the Expat library for MinGW.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: mingw-expat (2.4.8). (BZ#2057023, BZ#2057037, BZ#2057127)
* expat: Malformed 2- and 3-byte UTF-8 sequences can lead to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2022-25235)
* expat: Namespace-separator characters in "xmlns[:prefix]" attribute values can lead to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2022-25236)
* expat: Integer overflow in storeRawNames() (CVE-2022-25315)
* expat: Stack exhaustion in doctype parsing (CVE-2022-25313)
* expat: Integer overflow in copyString() (CVE-2022-25314)
* expat: Integer overflow in the doProlog function (CVE-2022-23990)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the AlmaLinux Release Notes linked from the References section.