Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) offers a full virtualization solution for Linux on numerous hardware platforms. The virt:rhel module contains packages which provide user-space components used to run virtual machines using KVM. The packages also provide APIs for managing and interacting with the virtualized systems.
* QEMU: QXL: integer overflow in cursor_alloc() can lead to heap buffer overflow (CVE-2021-4206)
* QEMU: QXL: double fetch in qxl_cursor() can lead to heap buffer overflow (CVE-2021-4207)
* QEMU: virtio-net: map leaking on error during receive (CVE-2022-26353)
* QEMU: vhost-vsock: missing virtqueue detach on error can lead to memory leak (CVE-2022-26354)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
* AlmaLinux 9.0 guest with vsock device migration failed from AlmaLinux 9.0 > AlmaLinux 8.6 (BZ#2071103)
* Fail to rebuild the reference count tables of qcow2 image on host block devices (e.g. LVs) (BZ#2072242)
* Remove upstream-only devices from the qemu-kvm binary (BZ#2077928)
* When doing a cpu-baseline between skylake and cascadelake, cascadelake is selected as baseline. (BZ#2084030)
* Virt-v2v can't convert rhel8.6 guest from VMware on rhel8.6 (BZ#2093415)
* Allow memory prealloc from multiple threads (BZ#2075569)