The libwebp packages provide a library and tools for the WebP graphics format. WebP is an image format with a lossy compression of digital photographic images. WebP consists of a codec based on the VP8 format, and a container based on the Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF). Webmasters, web developers and browser developers can use WebP to compress, archive, and distribute digital images more efficiently.
* libwebp: out-of-bounds read in WebPMuxCreateInternal (CVE-2018-25009)
* libwebp: out-of-bounds read in ApplyFilter() (CVE-2018-25010)
* libwebp: out-of-bounds read in WebPMuxCreateInternal() (CVE-2018-25012)
* libwebp: out-of-bounds read in ShiftBytes() (CVE-2018-25013)
* libwebp: use of uninitialized value in ReadSymbol() (CVE-2018-25014)
* libwebp: out-of-bounds read in ChunkVerifyAndAssign() in mux/muxread.c (CVE-2020-36330)
* libwebp: out-of-bounds read in ChunkAssignData() in mux/muxinternal.c (CVE-2020-36331)
* libwebp: excessive memory allocation when reading a file (CVE-2020-36332)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the AlmaLinux Release Notes linked from the References section.