The shim package contains a first-stage UEFI boot loader that handles chaining to a trusted full boot loader under secure boot environments.
* grub2: acpi command allows privileged user to load crafted ACPI tables when Secure Boot is enabled (CVE-2020-14372)
* grub2: Use-after-free in rmmod command (CVE-2020-25632)
* grub2: Out-of-bounds write in grub_usb_device_initialize() (CVE-2020-25647)
* grub2: Stack buffer overflow in grub_parser_split_cmdline() (CVE-2020-27749)
* grub2: cutmem command allows privileged user to remove memory regions when Secure Boot is enabled (CVE-2020-27779)
* grub2: Heap out-of-bounds write in short form option parser (CVE-2021-20225)
* grub2: Heap out-of-bounds write due to miscalculation of space required for quoting (CVE-2021-20233)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the AlmaLinux Release Notes linked from the References section.
This page is generated automatically and has not been checked for errors. For clarification or
corrections please contact the AlmaLinux Packaging Team