Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) offers a full virtualization solution for Linux on numerous hardware platforms. The virt:rhel module contains packages which provide user-space components used to run virtual machines using KVM. The packages also provide APIs for managing and interacting with the virtualized systems.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: hivex (1.3.18), libguestfs (1.40.2), libguestfs-winsupport (8.2), libvirt (6.0.0), libvirt-dbus (1.3.0), libvirt-python (6.0.0), nbdkit (1.16.2), perl-Sys-Virt (6.0.0), qemu-kvm (4.2.0), seabios (1.13.0), SLOF (20191022). (BZ#1810193, BZ#1844296)
* libvirt: leak of /dev/mapper/control into QEMU guests (CVE-2020-14339)
* QEMU: Slirp: use-after-free during packet reassembly (CVE-2019-15890)
* libvirt: Potential DoS by holding a monitor job while querying QEMU guest-agent (CVE-2019-20485)
* QEMU: slirp: use-after-free in ip_reass() function in ip_input.c (CVE-2020-1983)
* libvirt: Potential denial of service via active pool without target path (CVE-2020-10703)
* libvirt: leak of sensitive cookie information via dumpxml (CVE-2020-14301)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the AlmaLinux Release Notes linked from the References section.