Network Security Services (NSS) is a set of libraries designed to support the cross-platform development of security-enabled client and server applications.
Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR) provides platform independence for non-GUI operating system facilities.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: nss (3.53.1), nspr (4.25.0). (BZ#1809549, BZ#1809550)
* nss: UAF in sftk_FreeSession due to improper refcounting (CVE-2019-11756)
* nss: Check length of inputs for cryptographic primitives (CVE-2019-17006)
* nss: Side channel vulnerabilities during RSA key generation (CVE-2020-12402)
* nss: TLS 1.3 HelloRetryRequest downgrade request sets client into invalid state (CVE-2019-17023)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
* Install of update of nss.x86_64 adds i686 into transaction (BZ#1663187)
* NSS does not set downgrade sentinel in ServerHello.random for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 (BZ#1691409)
* TLS Keying Material Exporter is unsupported by command line tools (BZ#1691454)
* TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 is not marked as FIPS compatible (BZ#1711375)
* Make TLS 1.3 work in FIPS mode (BZ#1724250)
* NSS rejects records with large padding with SHA384 HMAC (BZ#1750921)
* NSS missing IKEv1 Quick Mode KDF (BZ#1809637)
* Name Constraints validation: CN treated as DNS name even when syntactically invalid as DNS name (BZ#1825270)
* FIPS needs nss to restrict valid dh primes to those primes that are approved. (BZ#1854564)
* nss needs to comply to the new SP800-56A rev 3 requirements (BZ#1855825)
* [RFE] nss should use AES for storage of keys (BZ#1723819)
This page is generated automatically and has not been checked for errors. For clarification or
corrections please contact the AlmaLinux Packaging Team